Prep and Cook Time:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 ½ tbsp honey
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
¼ cup sliced dried apricots
2 tbsp coarsely chopped walnuts
1 tbsp chopped parsley
4 bunches fresh spinach, stems removed and rinsed thoroughly
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375. Place chicken breasts in baking dish.
2. Season with salt and pepper and cover. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until done.
3. While chicken is baking, bring salted water to a boil to cook spinach.
4. While water is coming to a boil, begin sauce. Combine broth, lemon juice, honey, and mustard in a small saucepan.
5. Whisk together and bring to a boil on high heat. Once it comes to a boil, simmer for about 20 minutes. This can be cooking while chicken is baking. You want it to be reduced to a little less than half the volume you start with. This will thicken and intensify the flavor.
6. Add apricots and cook on high for another 5 minutes. When sauce is done add chopped walnuts, parsley, salt and pepper.
7. Cook spinach for only 2 minutes at the most. Drain and press dry. Season with a little salt and pepper.
8. Divide spinach between 4 plates. Slice chicken breast and place over bed of spinach. Spoon sauce over chicken and spinach.