Prep and Cook Time:
½ medium onion, minced
4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
¼ lb ground lamb or turkey
2 + 1 TBS chicken broth
3 cups rinsed and finely chopped kale, (stems removed)
2 whole free range chicken eggs
3 egg whites
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat broiler on low.
2. Heat 1 TBS broth in a 9-10 inch stainless steel skillet.
3. Sauté onion over medium heat, for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add garlic, ground lamb or turkey, and cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat, breaking up clumps.
5. Add kale and 2 TBS broth. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook covered about 5 more minutes. Season with salt, pepper and mix.
6. Beat eggs, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour on top of mixture evenly. Cook on low for another 2 minutes without stirring.
7. Put under broiler in middle of oven, about 7 inches from the heat source, on low, so it has time to cook without the top burning. 8. When it gets firm it is done, about 2-3 minutes.